Ester Mpandi Khosa
Board Chairperson, Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA), Zimbabwe
Dr. Ester Mpandi Khosa is the current Board Chairperson of the Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) with the following responsibilities, as per National Code on Corporate Governance - Role and responsibilities of Chairman:
• developing ZERA performance monitoring framework
• chairing of all quarterly and special board meetings
• carrying out annual performance reviews
• reviewing and updating ZERA governance policies
• regularly monitoring the implementation of the ZERA strategic plan
• carrying out public briefing releases when required
• Attending high-level meetings with anchor stakeholders, locally and internationally.
In addition to the above, Dr. Khosa is a Council Member on two Zimbabwe Universities Councils, where she serves as an External Member of the Council. She is a Council Member of the Zimbabwe Open University and the Reformed Church University. She is a retired Academic and Research Scientist (Microbiology and Biotechnology, Nutrition and Food Technology), and is a Registered Nutritionist with the Allied Health Professionals Council of Zimbabwe. She is an expert on bio-ethanol production. Her interest in biofuels research and development originated from her working as Company Microbiologist at the Triangle Ethanol Plant, leading to her doing further studies in Microbiology and Biotechnology to Ph.D. level at Monash University, Melbourne Australia.